Sunday, May 28, 2017

Last features - and a summer freeze

During the month of May I added two new features for the website, naturally dedicated to the upcoming draft:

Draft Pick Stats
Draft Pick Success

Now it's time to step back, look around and improve the infrastructure behind the website, both in the matter of the collection and the publication of the data. Thanks to all the visitors both of this blog and of the website.

I will continue to publish my predictions for the remainder of the playoff games on Twitter - follow me @morehockeystats! You are also most welcome to send me your ideas for new unusual statistics.

So the projected plan for the summer months is:
June - improve and finally release the Perl scraper
July - improve the publishing mechanism for the website and speed it up
August - improve the Elo-based models behind the site's projections
September - add some new features

This blog is on no pause! I will continue to publish entries about my hockey-related thoughts as they come. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment